Sherpa Travel leads several trips to accomplish meaningful stewardship work projects in Phapre Village. This village is in the middle elevation Himalayan old growth forests and grasslands in central east Nepal and southwest of Everest region that adjoins the Okhaldunga District. This village has not received any development support for the school from the government. A small non-profit Friends of Himalayan Sherpa People has worked with partners and donors to accomplish the basic needs construction of most of the new school, and several finishing projects are needed.
Stewardship Trip Dates:
- Help to construct hot showers to poor families in the village.
- Help 2-4 families to provide “simple, model improvements” to improve health and hygiene. This is to help the kids.
- Help to construct a hot shower for the village school.
How it works?
- The trip will be organized and operated in the same manner as non-service trips.
- We will hike and enjoy the trip and do all activities same as non-service trips before and after the stewardship project work.
- We will spend four days in Phapre Village to do the stewardship projects.
- During the day we will carry out the project work with the local people.
- We will sleep in tents and eat meals at our camp. Our cooking crew will cook us fresh, delicious meals three times a day throughout the trip.
- Part of the trip package money will purchase supplies and hire locals for the above projects.
Preparation and supplies will include:
- Hire villagers to harvest rocks for the shower project,
- Transport rocks to construction site,
- Purchase cement and other accessories for the showers,
- Transport supplies to end of road and then carry by porters/tractors to project site,
- Hire laborers and masons to help with the project,